|8/14/2009 - Jackson, Miss
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning will hold committee meetings on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 and its regular monthly meeting on Thursday, August 20, 2009. Members of the Board may participate in the committee meetings and board meeting via teleconference. The public may attend scheduled meetings in the IHL Board Room, located in the Universities Center, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211.
Start times for the committee meetings on August 19 listed below are approximate, as the meetings will begin immediately following the conclusion of the preceding meeting.
- The Legal Committee, chaired by Trustee Alan Perry, will meet beginning at 1:00 p.m. for the purpose of discussing items on the Legal agenda.
- The Academic Affairs Committee, chaired by Trustee Robin Robinson, will meet beginning at 2:00 p.m. for the purpose of discussing items on the Academic Affairs agenda.
- The Gulf Coast Committee, chaired by Trustee Robin Robinson, will meet beginning at 3:00 p.m. for the purpose of discussing items on the Gulf Coast Committee agenda.
- The Budget, Finance, and Audit Committee, chaired by Trustee Bob Owens, will meet beginning at 3:30 p.m. for the purpose of discussing items on the Budget, Finance and Audit agenda.
- The Real Estate Committee, chaired by Trustee Doug Rouse, will meet beginning at 4:15 p.m. for the purpose of discussing items on the Real Estate agenda.
The Board will meet as a committee of the whole, beginning at 8:30 a.m., on August 20. Various Board Committees, including the Budget, Finance and Audit Committee, the Real Estate Committee, the Legal Committee, and the Gulf Coast Committee, will meet as part of the Board meeting. The Board meeting will be available for real-time viewing via live webcast on the IHL website, www.mississippi.edu.
For committee meetings and the regular Board meeting, an executive session may be held in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning governs the public universities in Mississippi, including Alcorn State University; Delta State University; Jackson State University; Mississippi State University including the Mississippi State University Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine; Mississippi University for Women; Mississippi Valley State University; the University of Mississippi including the University of Mississippi Medical Center; and the University of Southern Mississippi.