|11/17/2006 - Jackson, Miss.
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) will hold its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, December 20, beginning at 10:00 a.m., via tele- and/or video conference. The purpose of the meeting is for the Board to consider routine agenda items regarding the stateís public universities. Locations for the Board meeting will include the IHL Executive Office, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS, 39211, as well as other various remote locations, such as:
- Alcorn State University, 1000 ASU Drive, Alcorn State, MS, 39096
- Delta State University, Highway 8, Cleveland, MS, 38733
- Jackson State University, 1400 John R. Lynch Street, Jackson, MS, 39217
- Mississippi State University, 610 Allen Hall, Presidentís Circle, Mississippi State, MS, 39762
- Mississippi University for Women, 1100 College Street, MUW-1600, Columbus, MS, 39701
- Mississippi Valley State University, 14000 Highway 82 West, #7272, Itta Bena, MS, 38941
- University of Mississippi, 123 Lyceum, University, Mississippi, 38677
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS, 39216
- University of Southern Mississippi, 118 College Drive, Hattiesburg, MS, 39401
- University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Student Service Center, 1520 Broad Avenue, Gulfport, MS, 39501
The full Board will convene via tele- and/or videoconference at 10:00 a.m. and will then conduct business as a committee of the whole. Specific room assignments and a decision to hold the meeting via video and/or teleconference will be made closer to the meeting date via an additional meeting notice.
Under the leadership of the Board of Trustees, IHL governs the public universities in Mississippi, including Alcorn State University; Delta State University; Jackson State University; Mississippi State University including the Mississippi State University Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine; Mississippi University for Women; Mississippi Valley State University; the University of Mississippi including the University of Mississippi Medical Center; and the University of Southern Mississippi.