Presidential Search Process
Board President names Board Search Committee (BSC) members and BSC chair.
Board Search Committee
Search consultant (SC) is selected.
Position description and advertisement is placed.
Recommendations are received from various university and community constituency groups regarding names for the Search Advisory Committee (SAC).
Call for Nominations
SAC members and SAC chair are named, based on constituency group recommendations.
Position nominations and applications are received.
Campus listening sessions are held with constituency groups to hear what qualities and qualifications they would like to see in their next institutional executive officer (IEO).
Listening Session Minutes
8. SAC members independently review all candidate resumes.
9. SAC members independently submit, unranked, recommendations of at least five candidates to the BSC.
10. SAC self-selects a representative group of members, comprised of faculty, students, staff, and outside representatives, diverse in race and gender, to serve on Interview Search Advisory Committee (ISAC) to participate as requested by the Board throughout the remainder of the selection process.
11. BSC decides on candidates for preliminary interviews from the names sent forward by the SAC members.
12. First-round interviews are conducted.
13. Reference contacts and background checks are conducted on candidates participating in the second round of interviews.
14. Second-round interviews are conducted.
15. BSC narrows field of candidates.
16. Board of Trustees meets to hear candidate recommendations. Further candidate assessments are made by Board of Trustees.
Board announces preferred candidate.
18. Preferred candidate is brought to campus to engage in open interviews with various campus constituency groups, who are given the opportunity to provide feedback to the Board regarding the preferred candidate.
19. Board receives preferred candidate feedback from constituency groups and decides if preferred candidate should be named IEO.
Board announces either that the preferred candidate has been named IEO announcement or that search will continue.